12.01.2013

Ice Skating

There are just some things this Southerner girl shouldn't do. Ice skating should be added to that list. I had only done it once before and I didn't remember it being that hard, but then again, that was at least 10 years ago!

We honestly thought taking the girls to Christmas on Ice in Madison would be a good idea. Ummm yeah, not so much. It was fun once the skates came off and Nat and I were back on the astro-turf. Thank God Jason and Heather were with us or Natalie and I would probably still be trying to get around the rink. I totally busted my butt too. I was sore for two days. Maybe in a few years we will try again...maybe.

Getting used to their skates.


Jason, having played hockey, definitely had the advantage.
 
Harper had the right idea. Staying off the ice and just touching the skates. Even though there wasn't anything for Harper to "officially" do, she had a blast. She danced her little butt off and just walked around the whole time. She did fall and bust her lip once. One to many "ring-around-the-rosies" will do that to you, but that didn't slow her any.

They also had two huge ice slides. Despite the horrifying look on my face, it was really fun. Natalie and Kaitlyn could have stayed there all day and night.



A few attempted family pictures before we left.


No comments: