I'm pretty sure every since Natalie has been born we've had one snow in January. Of course it was more like a dusting but in Mississippi it doesn't take much to excite the kids and close down the schools.
And of course Natalie was right up in the middle of it as soon as she woke up.
The first day was ok, fun even. By the second day...cabin fever had set in.
Natalie couldn't believe how red her cheeks would get after being outside.
Every time around this year Natalie gets spoiled by the mailman. Since we've stopped going home to have birthday parties right after Christmas, almost everyone sends stuff through the mail. Now, even two weeks later, she still expects things to be addressed to her! Good thing Valentines Day is just around the corner.
She got Big Big & Grammie's goodies a while back and couldn't wait to dig in. She kept asking "where's my box?" Little did she know she had a box and two extra presents to open after school one day.
The child is obsessed with Pistachios. Byron received some for Christmas and ever since she has loved them. Like eat her weight in them, love them!
And of course she's still obsessed with dollar bills. We are trying to teach her what bigger bills are but she still counts them all the same. All I know is the child has a small fortune stashed away in her room.
Now for the gifts. Harper sat patiently by her side to open them. I was surprised, shocked actually, but she didn't try and steal the thunder. Maybe the sucker helped :) The lap desk she was so surprised about. She just can't figure out "how Grammy always knows what I wanted."
And this little tent that you color has provided hours of entertainment. They make trains for boys. I highly recommend one.
We continued the tradition of asking Natalie the same 20 questions as we did when she was 3 and 4. Here are her answers at age 5!
1. What is your favorite color? Pink
2. What is your favorite toy? Making bracelet
3. What is your favorite fruit? Strawberries
4. What is your favorite TV show? Veggie Tales
5. What is your favorite thing to eat for lunch? Peanut Butter Sandwich
6. What is your favorite outfit? Black Sparkle Pants and Boots
7. What is your favorite game? Cooking Game on LeapPad
8. What is your favorite snack? Fruit Snacks
9. What is your favorite animal? Dogs
10. What is your favorite song? Twinkle Twinkle Little Star (or soundtrack from Pitch Perfect)
11. What is your favorite book? Hungry Caterpillar
12. Who is your best friend? Kaylee
13. What is your favorite cereal? Frosted Mini-Wheats
14. What is your favorite thing to do outside? Play in water
15. What is your favorite drink? Pepsi
16. What is your favorite holiday? Christmas
17. What do you take to bed with you at night? Puppy and Pink Blanket
18. What is your favorite thing to eat for breakfast? Ben Hawkins (eggs, potatoes, onions, bacon & sausage)
19. What do you want for dinner on your birthday? Chips & Dip
20. What do you want to be when you grow up? A Momma
She had her 5 year appointment and had grown 4 INCHES since last year! She weighed in at a whopping 45lbs and 46inches. She also got a few shots and is officially ready for Kindergarten.
For Natalie's birthday we decided to have a spa day with her best friend, Kaylee. And I hope this was a day to remember. She not only got her first mani/pedi but she got her ears pierced! She was so brave and barely shed a tear. I was one proud momma!
We had a quick lunch at Chic-fil-A before heading over to the Posh Princess for mani/pedi day. They picked out some "bright" colors and plenty of sparkles for their fingers and toes. They even served powdered doughnuts and princess punch.
Natalie said afterwards the water "was really hot and it kinda tickled" but she liked it.
Now for the ears. We went back and forth as to which ones to choose. 6 weeks is a long time to wear the same pair so we settled on some pretty, simple diamonds, like mommy's.
Biding time while the other lady checked out customers. We had decided doing them both at the same time would be best. She got a little antsy though.
And we are done. She did tear up a bit when the guns got kinda stuck and made a funny noise but she promptly got up and said "That didn't hurt but a teeny tiny bit momma!"
We also found a pair of play glasses that look very close to mine so we bought those as a reward. For $7 I couldn't say no. No we are counting down the days until we can change them and looking for a jewelry box to store them in. :)
I don't have it in me for a sappy post right now. It's weird to think and say I have a 5 year old...lol And she's going to start Kindy next Fall. Byron will probably have to drive us both because I'll be such a hot mess. We celebrated with chips and dip last night since Byron had a client dinner tonight. This morning she woke to candles and doughnut holes. We sang Happy Birthday, while Harper stuffed her face full. I mean like 3 in her mouth, and one in each hand full!
So here is my official HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my goober #5! We are going out for mani/pedis and possibly ear piercings this Saturday so look for more pics this weekend.