9.30.2012

September Recap

September started off great with our trip to the beach and then quickly went downhill. Where to start? Byron had his tonsils removed. We were warned by the doctors and numerous friends and family that it would be brutal. And I can't speak for Byron but I'm pretty sure it was some, if the not the worst, pain he's ever experienced. He handled it pretty well though (especially for a man..LOL).

Then the week of Byron's birthday (just barely 1.5 weeks after his Tonsillectomy ) we were hit with THE stomach bug of 2012. Holy moly, Byron and I haven't been that sick in probably 6 years. Nat got it first, I got it two days later and couldn't function, then Byron and Harper got a touch of it too over the weekend. To have the whole family be sick like that was a first for us as parents and it was definitely just one more reason while I wish our families were closer, but we survived!

We did manage to get out and get Byron a cupcake for his birthday. Natalie refused to sing to him without a cake and some candles to blow out.

Harper is preferring her thumb more and more these days. I'm a little torn as to what to do. I'm still pushing the paci but her thumb is something I don't have to keep replacing every time it falls out. :)
She loves sticking her tongue out at me. She'll even do it back to me if I do it first. She has a love/hate relationship with bath time. She loves being in the water, doesn't mind her hair washed but come time to get out she turns into a completely different kid. She literally screams from the time I get her wrapped up in a towel until she gets her pjs on. No tears, just purely pissed off. Natalie has officially dropped out of dance class and prefers to hosts her own dance parties at home. Long story short, she was dreading it which made me dread it and the whining and crying once we got there just wasn't worth it. Maybe we'll try soccer next.
 
And I know it's not even October yet, but we burned through all Harper's pjs when she was sick so we busted out this cute little orange sleeper Mal sent to us. I can't get over how big she looks, and she's dying to sit upright these days. She's actually in a little umbrella stroller in this pic. Just don't tell Nat because she's nowhere near ready to be pushed around the house by big sister with Mully nipping at her toes.  :)






















1 comment:

Joy said...

A rough start at the beginning for sure, but it sounds like September ended great! PS - I had my tonsils out when I was 22... seriously it was the worst thing I've ever experienced. I begged them to put them back in. Glad he's finally feeling better! Here's to a wonderful OCTOBER!!!