10.17.2011

Tate Farms

Over the weekend we traveled to Huntsville, AL to visit Heather, Jason and the girls. Nat had been counting down the days to see Kate. She talked to her every night on her pretend cell phone. Every time we stopped on the drive she asked "where's Kate?"

Saturday we took the girls to a pumpkin farm. This place was huge and had so many things for the girls to do we didn't know where to start.

Posing real quick before we turned them loose on the farm. We wore their little butts out in no time.

First stop, the jumping pillow. Sue and I had to get on with them since they literally went bouncing through the air and off the pillow anytime another child jumped near them.

They also had a ton of pets. Natalie really wanted to hold her own rabbit but that wasn't allowed. The girls also got up close and personal with some baby pigs, a goat and some chicks.

They had one rather large slide that Nat wanted to go down until she got to the top, so we had to slide down together, but there were plenty of other smaller slides, combines and a Cotton Jump for Nat to play on.



And then they spotted the train. They both wanted to ride by themselves and it started out ok, but about halfway through Nat was so over this ride. She was screaming to get off and I'm willing to bet that if she could have undone her seat belt she would have and jumped out.

The Corn Crib more than made up for the terrifying train ride. Pretty sure both girls would have stayed here all day jumping off into the corn if PaPaw and Mommy's arms hadn't given out.

Picture this sequence over and over and over and over.....

After jumping was vetoed they took to "swimming" in the corn and making what Byron and I like to call "Redneck Snow Angels".

Last stop was a hayride out to the pumpkin patch.

Nat naturally tried to pick the biggest pumpkin out there. Kaitlyn didn't really care much for the field and hung back with Nana so PaPaw took Nat out into the field to find the perfect pumpkin.


We all had a great time. We got to meet and snuggle with Kendel for the first time. I had forgotten what it was like to hold a little baby but she was so sweet and just smiled and cooed every time I got my hands on her. Nat didn't seem to mind me holding her but I did hear her tell Nana a few time to "put baby Kendel in swing Nana". Byron and I play second fiddle when grandparents are in the picture so I'm not surprised.

3 comments:

Flossie said...

What a fun day! I love the corn crib. Genius!

Amy said...

I think she is doing her Miss America wave on the train. Too funny. I'm glad you guys had a great time. I look forward to seeing you all real soon.

Nancy said...

Julia, I don't think my comment came through. You are such a good Mother. This looks like you had a fun time. Of course, Bryon is a good Father. Love you all, Nan