7.14.2010

Lazy Summer Afternoons

This is how Natalie and I have been spending our afternoons during the week. I can barely get in the door after work before she's grabbing my hand and pulling me towards the door. So after a quick change we head outside, spread out a sheet and stair up at the clouds, birds, planes or whatever else may be flying through the sky. We "discuss" our day and if I'm lucky I'll get a few kisses and hugs.

After that gets boring she'll go grab a planter with dirt in it and start digging and transferring the dirt from point A to point B. Of course after that she needs a good hosing off before we go in. Which I think she totally plans on :)

Luckily, for me, our backyard is shaded in the evenings and there's been a slight breeze lately. Natalie literally stays out there until she's so hot (even with a bottle of water by her side) her cheeks are rosy. So we drag out the hose, water the plants and clean up before heading inside to cool off and have dinner with Byron.




No comments: